Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
The Social YGK is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Admission Fees will not be charged for support persons but should support persons choose to purchase products or services the regular fees will apply.
We will notify customers of this through our accessibility plan. Copies of our accessibility plan will be available at the centre as well as on our web site.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, The Social YGK will notify customers promptly.
This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the POS sales counter and/or Front Doors depending on the level of disruption.
The Social YGK will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Customer Service Representatives
- Wait Staff / Hostess
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- The Social YGK’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use any modified equipment or devices.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing The Social YGK, goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to this accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way The Social YGK provides goods and services to people with disabilities are encouraged to communicate via:
- Written letter to the centre, The Social YGK, 1600 Bath Road, Kingston, Ontario, K7M 4X6, Attention: Accessibility
- Email, via email@example.com
- Website, www.socialygk.com under the contact us tab.
All feedback, including complaints, regarding accessibility will be forwarded to the business owner and general manager.
Customers who provide contact information (name, address, telephone, email) can expect to have a response back within 60 days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of The Social YGK that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified to bring it into alignment with this plan.