Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons and maintain an open-door policy with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the corporation and complying with pre-determined internal control procedures. The Host will greet all guests in a polite, professional and positive manner while maintaining a clean and safe work area throughout the restaurant.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Meet and greet all patrons arriving to the site, distribute appropriate coupons and complete all necessary paperwork to enter patron into any loyalty programs, reservation systems, etc.
- Check ID for compliance with minimum age requirements for both gaming and liquor business units.
- Assist with the implementation of on-site events, promotions and entertainment initiatives. Register patrons, collect tickets, distribute gifts and other tasks as required for the particular event.
- Prepare reports as requested, take photos of large jackpot winners and other administrative duties as required/assigned.
- Is responsible to issue cash redemption and complimentary restaurant vouchers to Loyalty Program members.
- Must be fully aware of all site promotions and corporate initiatives at all times. Track play for tournaments, promotions and player events while assisting as required. Inform all other employees of any upcoming promotions by attending any pre-shift meetings.
- Host various promotional events including Trivia Events, Wine Tastings, etc.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest calibre of customer service and respect to all patrons and employees.
- Performs a walk through at shift change with new servers and informs them of any events.
- Maintains section for cleanliness and the serving of guests efficiently and accurately in accordance with the Food & Beverage Department Internal Control Manual (ICM).
- Maintains a waiting list during busy periods for line-up situations.
- Assists with clearing and setting of tables.
- Responsible to assign and escort guests to their table while maintaining a table floor plan indicating empty and full tables.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including the use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- This position requires availability to work day/evening/night shifts including weekends and holidays.
- This position requires the ability to be on your feet for periods of up to 12 hours.
- Must adhere to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or comparable combination of equivalent working experience and education. Requires experience in the related field of one (1) or more years.
- Must possess the ability to work and excel in a fast-paced large volume business.
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Smart Serve Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Requires an A.G.C.O. Category 2 Gaming Registration (this could be applied for after obtaining an offer of employment but prior to starting work).
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME TO
The Social YGK
Attention: Human Resources
1600 Bath Road
Kingston, ON K7M 4X6
Social Media: /SocialYGK
OR FAX: 613-634-3135
OR EMAIL: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Once interviewed, only those being offered employment will be contacted.
Your résumé will be maintained in our files for a period of three months and then will be destroyed. Interested applicants should reapply after the three-month period.