Must adhere to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations. Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons and maintain and open-door policy with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the corporation and complying with predetermined internal control procedures.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Follow Company policies and procedures, and the Internal Control Regulations at all times.
- Preserve the security and integrity of the gaming site in accordance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, Internal Control Regulations and Company Policies and procedures.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest calibre of customer service and respect to all patrons, employees and OLG personnel.
- Communicate necessary information to Session Manager in order to effectively work as a team such as calling out prize payout changes and verification problems, and customer questions, requests and/or complaints. Work in conjunction with the Session Manager to ensure that all patrons’ needs are met and reporting any suspicious incidents that may have occurred.
- Respond positively to directives issued by supervisors or managers, and be able to communicate effectively with fellow employees and guests.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- This position requires availability to work day/evening/night shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Additions or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Session Manager on duty.
- Requires a high school diploma or comparable combination of equivalent working experience and education.
- Prefer experience in the related field of one (1) or more years.
- Possess organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Smart Serve Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Requires an A.G.C.O. Category 2 Gaming Registration (this could be applied for after obtaining an offer of employment but prior to starting work).
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME TO
The Social YGK
Attention: Human Resources
1600 Bath Road
Kingston, ON K7M 4X6
Social Media: /SocialYGK
OR FAX: 613-634-3135
OR EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however; only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Once interviewed, only those being offered employment will be contacted.
Your résumé will be maintained in our files for a period of three months and then will be destroyed. Interested applicants should reapply after the three-month period.